Web-link

Having already used my initiative many times to create an extensive variety of elements for my IMP,  I decided to use it again to develop a web-link. I have positioned this on the main menu in the top right hand corner. At the click of this feature, an internet page immediately opens up and transfers directly onto the directgov website. The web-link displays the viable governmental website and an article on “muggings” and being assault alond with what to do in this form of situation. To implement this, I use the code below and here is how it does it:

}
function getlink(evt:Event)
{
navigateToURL(new URLRequest(“http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/CrimeAndJustice/TypesOfCrime/DG_10027666“));
}

This code directly transfers to this website.  It says “navigateToURL”  prior to “fucntion getlink), this mean that the system gets the link, it listens to it and then it navigates, goes to the URL page. But I initially had a problem which turned out I incorrectly pasted the code in the actionscript. This caused the failure thereby leading me to quickly correct this mistake. This however, is more than applicable to the client brief because it was a requirement to have a link to a useful and productive website regardless of any faults I make. This interactive weblink fulfiled this desire, thereby ensuring greater professionalism and satisfaction within my media product.

Advertisements

Interactive Hover Effect

Today, I managed to effectively add the finishing touches to my media product by adding the “hover” effect. This effect comes into play when the user of my media product puts the mouse over the buttons of my actual film. It is like a commentary that tells you what it is. I managed to create this by watching a tutorial from my tutor, and then taking the initiative to integrate this into the dynamics of the button. So how it works is when the mouse is put over the button, the name of that button instantly appears, making it interactive, as the user must perform this action to initiate it.
Furthermore, this was necessary to the client brief because they I planned to have this and it was also required with my client brief. So I ensured I have an extensive  range of interactive elements within my media product.

Creation of Gallery + Photoshop

Today I successfully completed my gallery. To complete this I had to once again demonstrate my own initiative. I briefly used Adobe Photoshop to crop and perspective every image in my gallery. I managed to edit these images – ensuring they’re suitable and fuctional for further usage within my IMP. This was a crucial stage to my media product because it was the first time I incorporated an interactive feature. It had to be special so I did my research, I found a website from a friend, and managed to discover it specialised in Flash features. This website provided me with a tutorial into how to implement them. I used my initiative to follow the algorithms and managed to create a “fall-down” effect. This interactive feature alllows for the user to click on an image, then the image break down into miniture squares and “fall-down” one by one, which extraodinarily formulates the image.

This is how it works:

“function loadPic1(evt:Event)
{
//channel.stop();
var urlReq:URLRequest = new URLRequest(“src1.swf”);
var myLoader:Loader = new Loader();
myLoader.x = 130 ; myLoader.y= 60 ;
myLoader.load(urlReq);   // passed to the ldr
try { removeChildAt(4); }  //One bigger than the number of forms, starts from 0
catch (e:Error) { }

addChild(myLoader);   // display object container”

This code loaded my “pic”, which was the initial function and then refered back to the URL to get the file “src1.swf” which is the name of the image, and then loaded it in the frame  in the coordinates (130,60)

It allowed the user to experience the fall-down effect; I also modified it to re-position the image upon the page. This is development work is relevant to the client brief because it is a cool interactive feature that excites and compels the user, thereby increasing the value of my media product as well as suiting the target audience, while delivering the purpose effectively.

Creation of Scene Selection

Upon creating and patching up the gallery section and my interactive quiz, I made significant progresses to my scene selection. Today I continued to use my own initiatve and exploit that website. I found an excellent interactive feature that is suitable for my media products scene selector. The effect takes the form of buttons that when clicked slides to the next scene. The number of the scene is also displayed at the top.
Again, using my initative, I implemented this by following the algorithm, developing my own skills, and applied the coding to my videos. Although I encountered some problems particularly with coding and abbreviated words, I manage to solve this by referring to the steps of the website again.

Here is how it worked:

//Stops the images from looping.
slideShow.stop();

//Add the mouse click event to the left and right buttons.
left.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goLeft);         // calls a function to cycle left
right.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goRight);  // calls a function to cycle right

//Initially hides the left button.
left.visible = false;

The stop bit of coding stopped the feature form looping, and put it into a “slideShow”. While the other manipulates each other by making one visible and the other invisible.  The mouse then enables the user to click on the left and right buttons, i.e. “MouseEvenCLICK,goLeft/Right”.  Then the hide function comes into play.

I must admit it took some time to understand what the meaning of some of the codings. Lastly, this was more than relevant to the client brief because the developing process ensured there is sufficient scope for the user to interactive with the media product. This was also part of my sketch, fortunately, this plan was fulfilled.