Creating Outtakes

Today I restored the movie clips (outtakes) to begin building it. As they were encoded, I had to”import” them to the library, after linking it. I also created the “skin” of the movie clips to ensure greater interactivity. These skins for my media product provided the user with the opportinity to fastforward, rewing, pause, stop and play as well as adjust the sound intensity.

It works like this:

” function OpenOuttakesForm(evt:Event)
{
if (frmmain.visible == true)
{
frmmain.visible = false; frmouttakes.visible = true”

The outtakes form is opened , which is the event, the main frame then allows the outtakes frame to become visible.This allows the user to view my outtake as it turned “visible” when the form “outtakes” is opened.

This is more than critical to my clients brief because it allows for the user to view uneditted footage filmed during my film. This adds greater value to my media product ensuring professionalism.

Advertisements

New Media product

I experienced a multitude of problems. This was mainly in terms of “visibility”. The frames were unusually refusing to dissapear causing major troubles and difficulty moving forward with my media product. We had absolutely no idea as to why these problems acrued, in which we spent days trying to figure out. This led me to delete the whole file and sadly starting all over again.

But nevertheless I still have access to these attributes in the files library. Hence, I shall apply those entities into my new media product as well as the codings.

Creating Home Button

Today I created a back “home” button. This was also a fundamental characteristic I previously planned to have, This button allows the user to easily navigate around my media product. It makes it functional and professional as it effectively works well and looks good too. This did however, mean that I had to consistently test it. As the buttons were added on each and every slide, connecting to the main page, it meant that I had to use accurate coding.

In fact, here is how the code works on every frame, i’ll use the scenes as an exmaple:

“frmscene.btnbackfromscenes.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, CloseSceneForm); ”

Starting at the scene frame, the home button is clicked on this page which causes the system to listen to the even, then after the click of the mouse the scene form is then closed; taking you back to the home page.
This code allows me to navigate back to the home screen, thereby making the entire media product  functional and useable. This is more than necessary than necessary to the client brief because it allows the viewers to navigate their way throughout my media product, again it makes it fuctional.

Testing

Whenever I built a new frame, incorporated a button and background image, I tested each and every one of them ensuring they work and mistakes are easily spotted. These tests proved beneficial as I encountered some minor problems which I overcame.

New Media product

After starting my new media product, I have certainly made significant progress regarding building it along with the codes. I attached forms with frames and images and buttons and managed to input all the codes in a single day. I developed my skills of deciphering how to use the codes, for instance “frmouttakes.visible=false” would mean the form “outtakes” would not be visible when my film is played. or “frmscene.btnbackfromscenes.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, CloseSceneForm);” would mean going back to the main menue. 
 I must admit I am still developing these skills and I am starting to use complex formulae. But, conclusively I have already built a media product that is already more than sufficient.

Frames and background images

Today I continued to enhance my frames, background images and buttons. I managed to make good progress in collating them together, ensuring they work well, and are linked. I did encounter problems through testing, but they are trivial because they were just spelling errors which I corrected. The background images were taken from a website, and I managed to slightly edit it in photoshop to enhance the “perspective”. I then subsequently inputted it into the frames successfully by merging them together.

This particularly development work is relevant to the client brief because, my sketches detailed how I would put in appropriate background images for greater effect, which helped ensure my frames are making absolute progress.

Creation of Frames and Buttons

Today was the pinnacle beggining of building my media product. I worked upon the frames. I added these frames to the  layers and gave them names so that I can begin to add the attributes. This was directly after tutorials and some time practicing the coding. I managed to perfect a rather fundamental pieces of my development work; I also modified these frames by changing their respective colours.

I also began adding buttons to every frame, assigned it an appropriate colour and named it, helping me cemet the foundation of my media product. I also tested these. I continually tested every button and every frame. I tested them to ensure they are working finely, and thankfully they were. I also gave the layers names like

“Main Menu” and “Scene Selection”

The buttons names were also names

“Btngallery” and “btnoutakes”.

These helped me ensure I have a working media product. 
This piece of development work fits perfectly well with my client brief because it allowed me to have a structure and a layer by which my features will be added.

Previous Older Entries Next Newer Entries